Zahra is now nearly 8 months old and as we’re progressing through weaning I’ve started to look for and create recipes I can make just for her. I’m following a baby-led weaning approach just because I find it much easier than feeding her, and she has a lot of fun feeding herself. It’s great for me to be able to eat with a knife and fork while she happily gums her way through broccoli, avocado and green beans
So far she has just been eating from my plate but can struggle with things like brown rice. This was fine at the beginning as it was all about fun and experimenting. But now I’m moving towards her eating more solids I’ve found making teeny tiny baby food really fun.
I usually eat porridge in the morning long before Zahra wakes up. So these are a great alternative to porridge that she can feed herself. I have found quite a few have popped into my mouth too!
Oaty Baby Muffins
- 80 g Oats
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 30 g Desiccated coconut
- 30 g Ground almond
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50 g Chopped dates
- 1 lrg Egg
- 50 ml Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl except dates as they tend to clump together
- Combine egg and most of the milk in another bowl then add to the dry ingredients along with the dates.
- The mixture should be sticky but not wet, so add more milk if needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a tiny muffin tin. This will make 12 muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins and leave to cool