Tray bakes are my number one meal for simplicity. Chop everything up, stick it in the oven and have 40 minutes to yourself while you wait. The only drawback when keeping it plant-based is something seems to be missing. The vegetables can seems a little dry without a piece of fish or meat to accompany it. I often slice up some halloumi and bake it on top. That was until I discovered green tahini sauce! Now I can’t get enough of it. Bursting with the flavour of fresh herbs and nutty tahini. It’s a great vegan alternative too.
Update this meal throughout the year with seasonal vegetables. Just get to know your oven and what cooking time works best. I tend to put sweet potatoes in 5 minutes earlier as I like them extra soft. The green tahini sauce is served chilled and can be used on anything else you like, salad, burgers etc.
Lemon Roasted Spring Vegetables with Green Tahini Sauce
- 5 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Small sweet potatos, cut into cubes
- 1 Yellow pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 Red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into 1" pieces
- Purple sprouting brocolli, with ends removed
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp Tahini
- 10g Flat leaf parsley
- 6 tbsp Water
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre heat the oven to 180c
- Mix olive oil, juice and zest of one lemon, 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped, and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Add in the sweet potato, pepper, red onion and coat with the oil. Transfer to a large baking sheet or tray lined with parchment paper and season
- Roast for 40 mins
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli to the bowl and coat with the remaining oil. Place these in the oven with the rest of the veg just over half-way through. They will need about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the rest of the ingredients, using juice of half a lemon, in a food processor. Add the water in later
- Blend well then slowly begin to add water until you achieve the right consistency. You want the sauce to be thick but pourable.
- When the vegetables have started to crisp around the edges serve on warm plates and drizzle with green tahini sauce. Enjoy!